Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Dream a Dream, I'll Draw for a Living

Today I'd like to talk about dreams. Yes, dreams. Do you have dreams? Is that dream, far? No, I'm not talking about those dreams you wake up from. Dreams meaning, the one (or many) things you wish to accomplish.

My dream? My dream is to tell stories. Little but meaningful stories based on my life. In anime. Back when I was younger, people made fun of me because I was unable to fit in with them. I was never good in Bahasa Melayu. I was raised speaking English. But not many seemed to understand that. Not here, in Malaysia. I'm tend to drift away from reality when I'm drawing or thinking. Even my close friends find it awkward.

I don't see anything wrong with using English as my primary language. I don't even know how to speak Bidayuh or Kayan(Well, just a little. And I understand Bidayuh a bit). Anyway,...

back to my story. I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil and scribble on paper. I thought I was good, real good. But I was young, I was foolishly proud. I have never finished any of my stories in my fourteen years of living. I just keep dreaming. Which is wrong, of course.

I can't quite concentrate in class, especially during Maths and Science. But English is an exception though. I'm just not born to do Maths and Science. Then I researched on how other people from around the world have made it, have their dreams come true. I don't think there are many opportunities here in Malaysia to be a well-earning cartoonist. And that's the only thing I wanna be when I grow up.


Unfortunately, I don't have any active followers who'll tell me about their dreams. Ahahaha. Well, what to do. That's all for now!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Peeciella said...

My dream is to accomplish something worth telling my grandchildren :')
I'm done writing a novel, now I'm thinking of publishing it. it's my first serious written piece. :D

January 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home